Nairn 3 - WAFC 3

 13th November 2010 - League  Station Park, Nairn
 Nairn County F.C.  3 (Craig Campbell 10, Dale Gillespie 32, Craig Campbell Pen 82)


Team: Callum Donaldson, David Hannah, David Hind, Martin MacDonald, Wayne MacKintoshrcard, David Watson, Craig Campbellycard, Dale Gillespie, Glenn Main(Ross Grant), Gregg Main, Robbie Duncanson(John Cameron 88).

Subs: John Cameron, Ross Grant, Marc MacDonald, Paul Macleod, Ally Ridgers.

 Wick Academy F.C.  3 (Richard Macadie 59, Gary Weir Pen 69. Craig Shearer 87)


Team: James More, Shaun Sinclair, Stevie Cunningham(Ryan Begg 88), Joe Steven, Andrew MacLeod, Craig Shearerycard, Gary Weirycard, Sam Mackayrcard, David Allanycard, Richard Macadie, Shane Sutherland(Martin Gunn 83).

Subs: Martin Gunn, James Mackay, Jack Halliday, Ryan Begg, Alan Bokas.

 Referee:  Douglas Ross
 Bookings:  Sam Mackay 49, 78 (Red)
 Craig Campbell 65
 Wayne Mackintosh 69 (Red)
 Craig Shearer 77
 Gary Weir 82
 David Allan 82
 Reporter:  Luke Bunch

Academy travel to Station Park today following a good result last weekend against Fort William, with 7 different players getting on the score sheet. This fixture last year saw Academy playing arguably their best game, coming away with a 4-0 win. More of the same today would be nice, but this is likely to be a very tough encounter. Nairn are currently sitting in 6th spot in the table, and only Cove have taken all 3 points away from Station Park thus far this season

Academy have a few regulars missing today in Gary Manson, Alan Farquhar and Bryan McKiddie. 3 of the under 17 squad are on the bench; James Mackay, Jack Halliday and Ryan Begg.

Nairn have the first chance of the game with 9 minutes played. They win a free-kick 23 yards from goal.  Gregg Main took it and it clipped off the top of the Academy cross-bar.

A minute later and the home side open the scoring. Gillespie fed Craig Campbell down the right channel. He got in behind the Academy defence and he fired home past More.

1 - 0

Academy's first real chance of the game comes with 20 minutes played. Macadie swung a corner from the right into the back post. Weir drove the ball back across goal and David Allan got his foot to the ball but it went straight to keeper Donaldson.

25 minutes played and Nairn have another free-kick 25 yards from goal. Gregg Main once again takes it, but his effort this time got over the Academy wall and flew just wide of More's right hand post.

32 minutes played and Nairn double their lead. Craig Campbell delivered a cross from the right flank to the back post. Robbie Duncanson was unmarked and he headed it back across the face of goal for Gillespie to score the simplest of goals from only 8 yards out.

2 - 0

3 minutes from the break and Gregg Main fires another long distance free-kick in on target. This time More managed to parry it away, but Academy are under the cosh and need to get in to half-time without conceding another goal.

Half Time 2 - 0

With 9 minutes of the second half played Nairn have a great chance to further increase their lead. Craig Campbell played a neat one-two with Dale Gillespie and got a shot on target but More was equal to it and he parried away Campbell's shot to his left and the danger was cleared.

Just under the hour played and Academy are right back in the game. A throw-in is taken on the right by Shaun Sinclair to the feet of Weir. Weir slid the ball up the wing to David Allan who hit the boosters and got past his man before squaring across goal for Richard Macadie to tap in from close range.

2 - 1

Academy are denied an equaliser when the far-side lines-man gives a late off-side decision. Macadie had won a high ball and headed onto Mackay who unselfishly squared the ball for Davie Allan to score, but the goal is chalked off to the protests of the Academy players.

69 minutes played and the scores are level.  Weir is through in the box and is taken down by Wayne Macintosh. Referee Ross points to the spot and also gives Macintosh a straight red card. Weir grabs the ball and slots the spot-kick into the bottom right hand corner of Callum Donaldson's net.

2 - 2

It's all happening now in an action packed final 15 minutes.  Sam Mackay becomes the second man to be sent off as he picks up his second booking of the game.

Craig Campbell then fired a 25 yard free kick inches past the right hand post.

With 8 minutes of play left Nairn re-gain the lead. Ross Grant passes Weir in the Academy box. Weir held off him but Grant goes down and referee Ross awards the second penalty of the match. Weir is booked and Allan follows him into the book for dissent.  Craig Campbell took the spot-kick and although More got a hand to it he couldn't keep it out.

3 - 2

With only 3 minutes of time left Academy battle up-field and win a corner. Macadie swung it into the box and veteran Craig Shearer rose highest and got his head to the ball to send a looping header into the top corner of the net.

3 - 3

Both teams make substitutions in the final minutes and refreee Ross blows for full-time on what's been a cracker.

Full Time 3 - 3

The draw earns Academy their first away point of the season.