Wick Academy 2
Fraserburgh 0

Wick Academy
2 - 0

Saturday, January 29th, 2011
Harmsworth Park
3:00 PM Kick-off

Richard Macadie (50)
Richard Macadie (79)

Team Managers
Ian Munro & Richard Hughes
Charlie Duncan

Starting Eleven
James More
Michael Steven
Andrew MacLeod
Stevie Cunningham
Bryan McKiddie
Gary Manson
Craig Shearer
Richard Macadie
Martin Gunn
David Allan
Gary Weir
Paul Leask
Bryan Hay
Russell McBride
Marc Dickson
Neil Main
Scott Ritchie
Courtney Cooper
William West
Allan Hale
Zak Conway
Sean Bremner

Shaun Sinclair
Shane Sutherland
Jack Halliday
Sam Mackay
David Cowie
Steven Main
Robert Morrice
Dane Ballard
Dean Elrick
Scott Cowe

Sam Mackay for Stevie Cunningham (77)
Shaun Sinclair for Andrew MacLeod (82)
Shane Sutherland for Gary Weir (87)
Robert Morrice for Zak Conway (54)
Steven Main for Bryan Hay (60)
Dane Ballard for Sean Bremner (78)

Gary Weir (44)
Neil Main (42)
Allan Hale (92)

Red Cards
None. None.
Match Officials

Graham Beaton (Referee)

Match Report

A Richard Macadie double, his 9th and 10th league goals of the season, put Academy back to wining ways today as they beat Charlie Duncan's Fraserburgh 2-0. Academy's clean sheet was only their second this season, the other was against Forres on the 21st August.

Macadie's first goal was a excellent lob over the head of keeper Paul Leask as the Broch keeper came rushing out to try to close Macadie's run into the box, and his second was a clip off the side of his foot into the corner of the net after he'd marched through the middle of the Fraserburgh back line.

Fraserburgh had several good chances but James More was in fine form as he made a return between the sticks, and had 4 or 5 excellent saves to deny the visitors.

The first real chance of this game came after 16 minutes and it was for Wick, Richard Macadie hit a low free-kick from 25 yards which Paul Leask could not hold, Stevie Cunningham crossed the ball back in and Davie Allan glanced a header towards goal but a Fraserburgh defender deflected the ball behind for a corner.

Two minutes later and Wick threatened again, Cunningham cut in from the left but Leask came off his line and made himself big to block the midfielders shot.

On 26 minutes Fraserburgh should have taken the lead, Willie West broke up the left wing and his cross found the unmarked Allan Hale but he could only header the ball weakly straight at James More, just a minute later and Russell Mcbride came close with a header from a corner.

With 36 minutes played wicks Michael Steven hesitates on the ball and it allowed Hale in on goal but More was more than equal to the shot blocking it away with his feet.

Half time Wick 0 - Fraserburgh 0

With just five minutes gone of the second half Wick took the lead, Gary Weir played a high ball over the Fraserburgh defence which Macadie ran onto, with Leask closing Macadie down he lifted a delightful chip over the keepers head which landed in the back of the net.

On the hour mark Macadie played in Weir but Leask saved his shot and he saw his rebounded effort headed off line.

9 minutes later and Wick missed a great chance to double their lead, Macadie played in Davie Allan up the right and he lifted the ball over Leask on the edge of the box and showed great composure to bring the ball down but he some how managed to miss an open goal

Wick finally got a second goal and what a goal it was, Allan played in Macadie and he waltzed in through the Fraserburgh defence before glancing the ball into the corner of the net.

With 5 minutes left Fraserburgh's Dane Ballard created a chance for himself, he turned Craig Shearer in the box but More made he sure he was keeping a clean sheet by beating the ball away for a corner.

2 minutes later and Fraserburgh really should of scored, Hale took a corner on the right which found Mcbride at the back post his header came back off the crossbar and from about 3 yards out Neil Main somehow managed to head over the bar.

With a minute of stoppage time Macadie nearly had a hat-trick, Gary Manson took a throw-in up the left wing to Sam Mackay, his cross was missed by Shane Sutherland but it found Macadie, his shot for his hat-trick was saved by Paul Leask.

The chances were not done and with virtually the last kick of the ball Robert Morrice worked space for himself but More was more than equal to his shot and thus ensuring he kept a clean sheet.

Full time Wick 2 - Fraserburgh 0

Match report written by Luke Bunch

Squad Statistics (as at January 29th, 2011)

2010/2011 All Time
James More (GK)22 7 - 94 -
Michael Steven20 11 - 14 -
Andrew MacLeod - 12 - 2866
Bryan McKiddie - 15 - 1144
Stevie Cunningham - 1859217
Martin Gunn - 17140576
Richard Macadie23 201519665
Craig Shearer - 21438053
Gary Manson27 19232930
David Allan21 1967937
Gary Weir13 201222374
Shaun Sinclair (sub) - 20 - 147 -
Sam Mackay (sub)21 1745123
Shane Sutherland (sub) - 8383

League Table (as at January 29th, 2011)

Pld W D L +/- Pts
1. Buckie Thistle 17 13 1 3 +16 40
2. Turriff United 18 12 1 5 +28 37
3. Inverurie Locos 16 11 3 2 +28 36
4. Keith 18 11 2 5 +20 35
5. Deveronvale 17 10 2 5 +17 32
6. Forres Mech 17 10 2 5 +12 32
7. Nairn County 18 8 5 5 +17 29
8. Formartine Utd 18 9 2 7 +3 29
9. Lossiemouth 19 7 6 6 -3 27
10. Cove Rangers 16 7 3 6 +15 24
11. Fraserburgh 18 6 5 7 +3 23
12. Clachnacuddin 18 5 5 8 -3 20
13. WICK 16 6 1 9 +1 19
14. Huntly 14 6 1 7 -4 19
15. Brora Rangers 19 5 4 10 -20 19
16. Rothes 18 1 3 14 -33 6
17. Strathspey 16 1 3 12 -42 6
18. Fort William 15 1 1 13 -55 4