Clachnacuddin 2
Wick Academy 5


2 - 5

Wick Academy

Saturday, October 31st, 2009
Grant Street Park
3:00 PM Kick-off

Adam Naismith (47)
Gordon Morrison (68)
Sam Mackay (7)
Craig Shearer (15)
Sam Mackay (pen.) (41)
Richard Macadie (44)
Sam Mackay (52)

Team Managers
Unknown. Ian Munro & Richard Hughes

Starting Eleven
Neil Hastie
Paul Smith
Colin Williamson
Steven MacDonald
Michael Finnis
John MacAskilly
Adam Naismith
Stuart Leslie
Gordon Morrison
Mark Kennedy
Neil MacCuish
Allan Bokas
Alex Lamb
Andrew MacLeod
Craig Shearer
Stewart Ross
Sam Mackay
Martin Gunn
Stevie Cunningham
Richard Macadie
Gary Manson
David Allan

Alan Pollock
Scott Davidson
Duncan Jones
Kyle MacLean
David Harrison
Grant Campbell
Shaun Sinclair
Bryan McKiddie
Alan Farquhar
David Cowie

Duncan Jones for Michael Finnis (46)
Kyle MacLean for Paul Smith (51)
Alan Pollock for John MacAskill (72)
Grant Campbell for Stevie Cunningham (67)
Alan Farquhar for David Allan (79)
Bryan McKiddie for Martin Gunn (80)

Michael Finnis (31)
John MacAskill (36)
Gordon Morrison (39)
Neil MacCuish (40)
Mark Kennedy (79)

Red Cards
Colin Davidson (38) Andrew MacLeod (38)

Match Officials

BRyan Braidwood (Referee)

Match Report

Academy climbed to 8th place in the table today extending their unbeaten run in all competitions to 6 games with a 5-2 win over Clachnacuddin. Sam Mackay bagged a hat-trick and Craig Shearer and Richard Macadie scored the other two.

Clach started quite brightly and nearly opened the scoring in the 5th minute. Mark Kennedy timed his run to perfection and beat the off-side trap. He ran in from an angle on goal but Alan Bokas sprinted off his line to close him down. Kennedy chipped the ball over Bokas but couldn't direct it on target and Alex Lamb raced back to clear the danger.

2 minutes later and David Allan tore up the right wing and did really well to beat two defenders and cross into the box. The Clach defence failed to clear their lines and the ball eventually fell to Sam Mackay and he powered home a right foot shot across keeper Neil Hastie and into the left hand corner of the net.

0 - 1

With Academy playing some really neat football they doubled their advantage just before the quarter hour mark. Macadie slipped Stevie Cunningham in to the box and with keeper Hastie committed Cunningham sent his shot past him towards goal. It trickled to the back post but Craig Shearer stormed in and slammed the ball home.

0 - 2

Academy had a grip of the game at this stage and Shearer tried his luck again with a 35 yard drive but it went over the top of the cross-bar.

Alex Lamb was next to have a pop, sending a flicked header from a crossed ball on target but Hastie collected.

With 28 minutes on the clock Sam Mackay advanced up the left wing and dissected the Clach defence with a pass to David Allan who ran in on goal and got a shot on target but Hastie made a good block with his feet.

The match started to heat up and referee Braidwood had a busy spell with the notepad booking Finnis and MacAskill both within the space of 5 minutes for rash challenges.

Pandemonium then broke out on the 38th minute. As keeper Hastie kicked the ball down-field and play ventured into the Academy half, the near-side linesman called the referee back with Colin Williamson lying flat out in the Clach box. After a fairly long discussion Andrew MacLeod was called back up the park, and was given a straight red card. Referee Braidwood then went over to Williamson and as he got to his feet he also got his marching orders. It looked as if Williamson possibly had a pop at MacLeod, who may have retaliated, but the linesman spotted what had gone on.

To add to the mayhem the referee then awarded Academy a penalty kick over the heads of the incident. Richard Macadie took it and keeper Hastie made a good diving save, but the referee deemed that either the keeper had moved too early, or one of the Clach players had encroached into the box before Macadie struck the ball. Either way he ordered the penalty be retaken. Sam Mackay claimed the ball this time around, and he took the second attempt which he hammered down the middle to give Academy a three goal advantage.

0 - 3

Neil MacCuish continued to remonstrate with the referee as they ran back to the centre-circle, and he was the next to have his name entered into the book.

With a minute of the half left Academy went 4 goals up. David Allan again terrorised the Clach back line running in on them from the left wing and got a shot on target that keeper Hastie could only block, and Richard Macadie pounced on the loose ball and hammered home.

0 - 4

Into first half injury time Clach pulled a goal back when Adam Naismith ghosted in unmarked to the Academy box and got onto the end of a Stuart Leslie cross to slam the ball home form 4 yards out.

1 - 4

Referee Braidwood blew for half time to end what was a very entertaining first 45 minutes.

Half Time 1 - 4

Clach made a change at the start of the second half with Duncan Jones coming on for Michael Finnis.

Academy went nap with only 7 minutes of the second half played. Sam Mackay picked the ball up on the left in his own half of the park, and went on a run through the middle of the Clach defence beating 3 or 4 men before picking his spot from 20 yards out and curled a right foot beauty into the top left hand corner of the Clach net for his hat-trick. Keeper Hastie may have just got a hand to the ball but couldn't stop it bulging the net.

1 - 5

Clach to give them their due kept attacking when they had the ball and Gordon Morrison nearly capitalised when Stewart Ross sent a short back-pass back to Alan Bokas, but Bokas was sharp off his line and charged the ball off the feet of Mossision before the striker could really get time to make the most of it. Bokas took a knock in the challenge, but played on.

Clach pulled a goal back with 68 minutes played. Adam Naismith did well up the right flank before delivering a cross into the heart of the Academy box and Gordon Morrison steamed in and smashed the ball into the roof of the net.

2 - 5

The action continued to flow and MacCuish should have done better from a free headed but he powered his attempt over the cross-bar, and David Allan then had a great chance to increase the Scorries lead when he ran in one-on-one with keeper Hastie, but the Clach keeper made a good block. Craig Shearer followed up and looked certain to score but his shot was cleared off the line by the Clach defence.

2 minutes from time Steven MacDonald got a good attempt on target but Alan Bokas took to the air with a diving save and palmed the ball round his right hand post for a corner kick.

In the last minute of the game substitute McKiddie broke into the box from a Macadie pass but keeper Hastie came to meet him and blocked his shot with his feet.

Full time 2 - 5

Match report written by John Briskham

Squad Statistics (as at October 31st, 2009)

2009/2010 All Time
Allan Bokas (GK) - 8 - 8 -
Alex Lamb - 1411432
Andrew MacLeod - 15 - 2555
Martin Gunn - 11336974
Sam Mackay20 9797
Stewart Ross - 6 - 13816
Craig Shearer - 11533646
Gary Manson25 15 - 28427
Richard Macadie22 16914841
Stevie Cunningham - 154479
David Allan20 15103313
Grant Campbell (sub) - 14 - 14 -
Alan Farquhar (sub)21 12 - 12 -
Bryan McKiddie (sub) - 81884

League Table (as at October 31st, 2009)

Pld W D L +/- Pts
1. Deveronvale 12 9 1 2 +17 28
2. Cove Rangers 11 8 2 1 +19 26
3. Inverurie Locos 11 7 2 2 +16 23
4. Huntly 11 7 2 2 +15 23
5. Keith 12 6 2 4 +3 20
6. Buckie Thistle 9 6 1 2 +19 19
7. Fraserburgh 10 6 1 3 +10 19
8. WICK 10 5 2 3 +15 17
9. Forres Mech 10 5 2 3 +6 17
10. Nairn County 11 5 2 4 +1 17
11. Turriff United 12 5 2 5 -5 17
12. Formartine Utd 9 4 3 2 +6 15
13. Clachnacuddin 12 4 1 7 +4 13
14. Brora Rangers 12 3 3 6 -17 12
15. Lossiemouth 12 2 2 8 -8 8
16. Fort William 10 1 0 9 -29 3
17. Strathspey 11 0 2 9 -32 2
18. Rothes 11 0 0 11 -40 0