Wick Academy 2
Forres Mech 1

Wick Academy
2 - 1
Forres Mech 

Wednesday, April 28th, 2010
Harmsworth Park
8:00 PM Kick-off

Andrew MacLeod (55)
Gary Manson (77)
Matthew Fraser (76)

Team Managers
Ian Munro & Richard Hughes

Starting Eleven
Allan Bokas
Alex Lamb
Andrew MacLeod
Sam Mackay
Martin Gunn
Gary Manson
Craig Shearer
Stewart Ross
Richard Macadie
Gary Weir
David Allan
Ross Harkness
Simon Allan
Graeme Shinnie
Graeme Grant
Nathan Sharp
Ross MacPherson
Scott Moore
Bruce Milne
Iain Penwright
Kevin Duguid
David Chambers

James More
Shaun Sinclair
Alan Farquhar
Stevie Cunningham
Ross Allan
Matthew Fraser
Matthew Davidson
Matthew Milne

Stevie Cunningham for David Allan (71)
Alan Farquhar for Sam Mackay (83)
Ross Allan for Gary Weir (90)
Matthew Fraser for Iain Penwright (65)
Matthew Davidson for Kevin Duguid (65)
Matthew Milne for Simon Allan (81)

Craig Shearer (39)
Alex Lamb (40)
David Allan (67)
Kevin Duguid (28)

Red Cards
None. None.
Match Officials

Scott MacDonald (Referee)

Match Report

A close game tonight but Academy emerged with all 3 points. Andrew MacLeod headed home the opener for the Scorries in the 55th minute. Forres substitute Matthew Fraser squared the scores in the 76th minute when he stroked the ball home past Bokas, but Academy went straight back down the park from the kick-off and Gary Manson grabbed the winner when he marched into the penalty box and shot low under the body of keeper Harkness.

Academy started the game playing up the slope and or the first ten minutes they were the brighter of the two side. In 5 minutes David Allan was fouled at the edge of the Forres box. Sam Mackay hammered his attempt into the defensive wall and it broke for Macadie. He pumped it back into the mix where Craig Shearer took it down on his chest but he screwed his volley wide of the target.

2 minutes later Macadie fed the ball to David Allan and he drove to the bye-line before cutting back across goal for Weir but Simon Allan cut the ball out knocking it for a corner.

Forres started to get into their game and their first chance of the match came with 11 minutes on the clock. Graeme Shinnie broke into the Academy box and fired a shot on target but Bokas made a good one-handed save and Andrew MacLeod followed up to clear the loose ball.

Minutes later Forres came close to opening the scoring. Ian Penwright nicked the ball off the toes of Gary Manson and flicked it into the box. Kevin Duguid executed a perfect scissor kick which smacked off the face of the Academy cross-bar.

10 minutes before the half time break Simon Allan delivered a long throw to the edge of the Academy box and Ian Penwright again supplied the ammo to Kevin Duguid but his shot from 18 yards out whistled past the post.

Half Time 0 - 0

4 minutes in from the re-start it was Academy's turn to hit the woodwork. A good flowing move up the right flank saw the ball moved forward by Stewart Ross and Richard Macadie. It was threaded through the Forres defence to Craig Shearer who teed it up for Gary Weir and he held his head in his hands in despair as his shot smacked the cross-bar with keeper Harkness beat.

David Allan then came close to increasing his season goal tally when he headed a Sam Macaky cross high of target at the back post.

Academy broke the dead-lock 10 minutes into the half with a route-one goal. Stewart Ross humped a free kick from the half-way line onto the Forres box. Shearer got his head to it in a crowded penalty area and Andrew MacLeod followed in to head home his first goal of the season.

1 - 0

Allan got into the action again in the next Academy attack when Macadie played the ball into his feet and he went one-one-on with keeper Harkness but the young goalie made a great block to deny the in-form striker.

Forres Substitute Matthew Fraser pulled the Can-Cans level in the 76th minute. Graeme Shinnie and Bruce Milne linked up to split the Academy defence. Milne slipped the ball forward to Fraser and from the left edge of the Academy box he curled a right foot shot past the outstretched Bokas and into the bottom left hand corner of his net.

1 - 1

The Academy response was instant, and from the re-start they drove downfield with Manson linking up to Sam Mackay who in turn laid the ball on for Manson who steamed into the Forres box and hammered low into the bottom left hand corner of the net.

1 - 2

Academy had the final chance of the game in injury time when Bokas thumped a kick-out into the Forres box. Macadie headed onto Shearer who was un-marked on the middle of the area but he headed his attempt wide of target.

Full Time 2 - 1

Match report written by John Briskham

Squad Statistics (as at April 28th, 2010)

2009/2010 All Time
Allan Bokas (GK) - 29 - 29 -
Andrew MacLeod - 3012706
Alex Lamb - 2311522
Martin Gunn - 26438475
Sam Mackay21 29182918
Richard Macadie23 391717149
Stewart Ross - 26115817
Craig Shearer - 30835549
Gary Manson26 38130728
David Allan20 37285531
Gary Weir12 33819861
Stevie Cunningham (sub) - 3766911
Ross Allan (sub)16 271271
Alan Farquhar (sub)22 32 - 32 -

League Table (as at April 28th, 2010)

Pld W D L +/- Pts
1. Buckie Thistle 32 24 5 3 +53 77
2. Cove Rangers 31 21 6 4 +55 69
3. Fraserburgh 31 20 5 6 +31 65
4. Deveronvale 32 20 4 8 +41 64
5. Forres Mech 32 18 5 9 +24 59
6. Huntly 31 17 3 11 +12 54
7. Inverurie Locos 29 15 6 8 +23 51
8. WICK 29 15 5 9 +24 50
9. Keith 30 14 6 10 +14 48
10. Formartine Utd 28 14 5 9 +19 47
11. Nairn County 29 12 5 12 -7 41
12. Clachnacuddin 31 11 7 13 +5 40
13. Turriff United 31 8 4 19 -28 28
14. Lossiemouth 32 7 6 19 -18 27
15. Brora Rangers 32 6 6 20 -45 24
16. Fort William 30 4 1 25 -62 13
17. Strathspey 29 3 4 22 -65 13
18. Rothes 29 2 3 24 -76 9