Huntly 1 - WAFC 1

 19th December 2015 - Scottish Highland Football League  Christie Park
 Huntly F.C.

  1 (Alexander Thoirs 74)

huntly_zeusTeam: Fraser Hobday, Neale Allan, Neale Davidson, Michael Clark, Sean Croll, Darren Woodrcard, Alexander Thoirs, Murray John McCullochycard, David Booth, James Duguid(Adam McNamee 88), Glenn Murison (Craig Dorrat 58ycard).

Subs: Mark Lawson, Adam McNamee, Aaron Scoular, Thomas Johnston, Felipe Marcos Viera Da Silva, Craig Dorrat, Blair Johnston. 

  Wick Academy F.C.

 1 (Grant Steven 41 )

WAFC_New_Front_wTeam: Sean McCarthy, Grant Stevenycard, Michael Stevenrcard, Ross Allanrcard, Grant Campbell, Gary Manson, James Pickles, Steven Anderson, Davie Allanycard, Richard Macadie(Colin Macrae 82), Marc MacGregor(Sam Mackay 68ycard).

Subs: Alan Farquhar, Sam Mackay, Colin Macrae, Alan Hughes, Danny McCarthy.

 Referee:  Chris Phillips
 Bookings:  Michael Steven 30, 76 (Red)
 Darren Wood 36, 84 (Red)
 Murray McCulloch 51
 Davie Allan 53
 Grant Steven 61
 Ross Allan 73 (Red)
 Craig Dorrat 88
 Sam Mackay 92
 Reporter:  Luke Bunch

Academy travelled to Christie Park today without the service of Gary Weir who sits out the first of a 5 game League suspension. Marc MacGregor took his place up front and Grant Steven marked his return to the team with a goal.

The sides shared the spoils with a 1-1 draw but one of the talking points of this game will be the 9 bookings and 3 red cards that were handed out.

The first chance of the game fell to Academy on 13 minutes. A throw-in on front of the Academy dugout by Ross Allan went to Marc MacGregor. He laid the ball to Richard Macadie who fed Gary Manson and his 20 yard drive flashed just passed the post.

Huntly's first chance came on 26 minutes. David Booth delivered a cross from the right. James Duguid got his head to it but couldn't leverage any power and it went straight to Mccarthy.

On the half hour the first booking of the game was given to Michael Steven. From the resulting free-kick Darren Wood headed over the bar form 10 yards out.

Six minutes later Academy had another chance. Richard Macadie passed the ball to Davie Allan but his shot across goal went passed the post.

Four minutes from the half-time interval Academy took the lead. Huntly conceded a free kick about 30 yards from goal. Richard Macadie delivered into the box and from the corner of the 6 yard box Grant Steven rose highest and powered home with a great headed.

0 - 1

Half Time - Huntly 0 - Wick Academy 1

Academy started the second half with an early chance. Ross Allan broke up the left flank and crossed to brother Davie. He took a side-step to steal a yard on his marker and got a shot off that was blocked. Ross followed in but from a tight angle he shot over the bar.

On 54 minutes Huntly had a great chance to equalize. Grant Steven conceded a free kick on the right. Davidson delivered the ball into the box and Darren Wood's header was heading for the bottom corner but Sean McCarthy made a fantastic save getting his left hand to the ball to turn it wide of the post.

On the hour Academy created another opening. Davie Allan set Macadie on his way up the right wing. Macadie drove on to the edge of the box and his driven ball across the face of goal was held by keeper Hobday.

Six minutes later Academy should have doubled their advantage. Grant Campbell started the move off up the right wing. Macadie drove on and crossed along the edge of the box to Davie Allan who picked out Steven Anderson at the back post but keeper Hobday narrowed the angle and blocked the shot.

On 73 minutes Academy went down to 10 men. Ross Allan gave away a free kick and his momentum took him on top of a Huntly player. Referee Chris Phillips didn't like what he saw and gave Allan a straight red card.

From the resulting free kick Huntly squared the scores. Neil Davidson delivered into the box and Alexander Thoirs picked his spot and stroked the ball home from 10 yards out.

1 - 1

On 76 minutes Michael Steven picked up a second booking and he too marched off to leave the Scorries down to nine men.

Next to leave for an early bath was Darren Wood for the home side as he too picked up a second yellow.

Three minutes from full-time David Booth had an opportunity to win the game. He got his head to a crossed ball from the left but his header from 12 yards out was scrambled wide by McCarthy.

On the 90 minutes David Booth again had a chance to win the game. Captain Murray McCulloch sent a cross into the back post. It was flicked on by Sean Croll to David Booth who was inside the 6 yard box but he somehow headed over the bar.

Into injury time and Academy almost grabbed all three points. Substitute Colin Macrae linked up well on the right with Davie Allan. Allan cut the ball back just behind Steven Anderson but he still managed to get a shot off that crashed off the bar.

Full Time - Huntly 1 - Wick Academy 1