WAFC 2 - Linlithgow Rose 2

 16th December 2015 - William Hill Scottish Cup - Round 3  Harmsworth Park, Wick
 Wick Academy F.C.

  2 (Richard Macadie 39 Pen, Davie Allan 92)

WAFC_New_Front_wTeam: Sean McCarthy, Danny Mackay, Alan Fraquhar, Michael Stevenycard, Grant Campbell, Steven Anderson,  Sam Mackay, James Pickles, Richard Macadie(Ross Allan 69), Gary Weir, Davie Allan.

Subs: Marc Macgregor, Gary Manson, Alan Hughes, Ross Allan, Grant Steven, Danny McCarthy. 

  Linlithgow Rose F.C.   2 (Colin Stickland 26, Kevin Kelbie 49)

Linlithgow RoseTeam: Alasdair Adams, Gary Thomycard, Ryan Baptie, Jamie Mackenzie, Christopher Grayycard, Ruari Maclennan, Callum Robertson, Andrew Shirra, Colin Stickland, Thomas Coyneycard, Kevin Kelbie.

Subs: Michal McKinven, Alex King, William John McAdam.

 Referee:   Don Robertson
 Bookings:   Gary Thom 25
  Christopher Gray 33
  Thomas Coyne 59
  Michael Steven 86
 Sponsors Man of the Match:   Grant Campbell
 Video Footage of the game
  Click here for video footage

Last minute drama tonight at Harmsworth Park as an injury time equalizer from Davie Allan means that the teams do it all again next week (Tuesday night 22nd, 7:30pm kick off). The sides went into tonight's match knowing that the prize that awaited in the 4th round was a home tie against Forfar Athletic.

Academy started well and in the 3rd minute Gary Weir managed to get a toe-poke on a high ball that was played forward to him but he couldn't get any power on it and it trundled straight to keeper Alasdair Adams.

On 20 minutes James Pickles found some space inside the Rose penalty area from a Davie Allan cross and his right foot shot was palmed clear by keeper Adams.

Six minutes later it was Linlithgow that opened the scoring. A high ball was punted downfield by keeper Adams and headed on Thomas Coyne. Colin Stickland ran onto it and slotted home with a composed finish from 10 yards out.

0 - 1

Academy kept plugging away and Adams was again called into action to fist away a drive from Richard Macadie close in to his left hand post.

On 39 minutes referee Don Robertson awarded Academy a penalty when Gary weir was bundled over with a clumsy challenge in the box. Richard Macadie wrong-footed keeper Adams and fired the ball into the opposite corner to square the scores.

1 - 1

On the stroke of half time Thomas Coyne found himself one-on-one with McCarthy but the Wick stopper pulled off a great save turning the ball wide for a corner with his feet.

Half Time - Wick Academy 1 - Linlithgow Rose 1

The visitors started the second half with real intent and in the first piece of action Alan Farquhar blocked a goal-bound attempt off the line.

Minutes later Linlithgow regained the lead. Coyne fired a shot at goal that McCarthy palmed wide. It fell to Kevin Kelbie on the left and he buried a low driven left foot shot back into the opposite corner.

1 - 2

Academy pushed for the equalizer and Anderson just failed to get something on the ball to turn home a Grant Campbell cross.

Up the other end of the park Linlithgow broke from defence and McCarthy pulled off a fine save from a Callum Robertson shot to keep Academy in the tie.

Substitute Ross Allan then ran onto a header from Gary Werir but Adams denied him with a good block.

Linlithgow played some good keep-ball to run down vital remaining minutes but 2 minutes into injury time Davie Allan scored a precious equalizer. A high ball was floated into the Rose penalty area which they failed to clear. It fell to Allan and from close range he smashed the ball off the underside of the crossbar  and it bounced down over the line. Ross Allan followed up with a header to make sure it found the net but it looked as if it was Davies goal. (Scorer to be confirmed once we see the video footage).

2 - 2

With only seconds remaining referee Robertson blew for full time and the teams now face a replay next week. The game is scheduled for Tuesday night the 22nd December, 7:30pm kick off.

Full Time - Wick Academy 2 - Linlithgow Rose 2