WAFC 3 - Turriff United 3

 12th December 2015 - Scottish Highland Football League  Harmsworth Park, Wick
 Wick Academy F.C.

  3 (Gary Weir 15, 18, Kevin Main 82 OG)

WAFC_New_Front_wTeam: Sean McCarthy, Ross Allan(Alan Hughes 70), Danny Mackay, Alan Fraquharycard, Michael Steven, Gary Manson, Sam Mackay, James Pickles, Steven Andersonycard, Gary Weirrcard, Richard Macadie(Marc MacGregor 76).

Subs: Colin Macrae, Marc MacGregor, Alan Hughes, Danny McCarthy.

  Turriff United F.C.   3 (Artjoms Kuznecovs 5, Leszek Nowosielski 7, Andrew MacAskill 55)

turriffunited_nike_awayTeam: Kevin Main, Lewis Davidson, Robert Allan(Craig MacAskill 86), Christopher Herd, Jamie Beagrieycard, Artjoms Kuznecovsycard, Aaron McKenna, Paul Young, Leszek Nowosielski(Nikolas Wozniak 76), Andrew MacAskill, James Chalmersycard.

Subs: Craig MacAskill, Andrew Smith, Nikolas Wozniak, Liam Strachan, Ryan Bruce, Christopher Stuart.

 Referee:   Liam Duncan
 Bookings:   James Chalmers 17
  Steven Anderson 54
  Alan Farquhar 56
  Gary Weir 63
  Artjoms Kuznecovs 63
  Jamie Beagrie 66
  Gary Weir 83 (Red x 2)
 Sponsors Man of the Match:   Gary Weir

Academy went into today's game without the services of Grant Campbell who was suspended and Grant Steven who is still out with a broken hand. Davie Allan also missed the game as he suffered with a sick bug.

The visitors dominated the early stages of the game and on 4 minutes won a corner when a Chris Herd shot took a flick off an Academy player in a  packed penalty area. From the corner Artjoms Kuznecovs drove a close range shot against the inside of the post and it squirmed under the body of McCarthy.

0 - 1

Two minutes later more pain for Academy. Leszek Nowosielski picked up a throw-in, cut inside Sam Mackay on the edge of the box and he curled a left foot shot over the top of an outstretched McCarthy into his top right corner of the net.

0 - 2

Academy kept their heads high despite losing the two early goals and they pulled themselves right back into the game on the quarter hour mark. Steven Anderson had a crack at goal which was blocked. Weir collected the loose ball and was pushed wide but managed to round keeper Kevin Main and he tucked it home from a tight angle.

1 - 2

It was Weir at the double three minutes later. He was initially taken out of play on the left flank which won Academy a free-kick. Sam Mackay delivered it into the box for Weir to rise the highest and he powered home with a great header.

2 - 2

Ross Allan had a shot turned wide by keeper Main and both sides hit the wood-work through Anderson and MacAskill.

Turriff started to turn the screw with a period of sustained pressure as they pushed for another. Great Academy defending managed to keep them out with blocks coming flying in on every Turriff attempt. Gary Manson also cleared a shot off the line to ensure the sides went in level at the break.

Half Time - Wick Academy 2 - Turriff United 2

Turriff continued where they left off at the start of the second half and once again got their noses in front when Andrew MacAskill managed to work some space and he fired in off the inside of the post.

2 - 3

Turriff looked as if f they had gone down to 10 men when referee Liam Duncan booked Jamie Beagrie and then followed it up with a red. The Turriff players gather around the referee in protest as it looked as if he'd made a mistake, possibly thinking it was Beagrie's second booking of the game. After consulting with his assistant the red card was rescinded and the game carried on at full tilt.

Eight minutes from the final whistle Academy equalised. Keeper Kevin Main and Gary Weir both went up for a high ball which had been headed on by Danny mackay and it ended up in the back of the net. It looked as if the last touch came off keeper Kevin Main and it went down as an own-goal.

3 - 3

A minute later Weir picked up his second booking of the game and Academy played out an anxious final seven minutes of normal time, plus an additional five minutes of stoppage time, with only ten men.

Referee Duncan finally blew for full time and a full on match of guts, some great football and hard challenges finished with the teams sharing the spoils.

Full Time - Wick Academy 3 -Turriff United 3