Fraserbugh 2 - WAFC 2

 13th December 2014 - Scottish Highland Football League  Bellslea Park
 Fraserburgh F.C.

  2 (Willie West 35, Marc Dixon 84 Pen) 

fraserburgh_ZeusTeam: Scott Cowe, Marc Dixon, Russell McBride, Ryan Cowie, Bryan Hay, Courtney Couper(PA Bruce 64ycard), Mark Cowieycard, William West, Scott Fowlie, Graham Johnston(Steven Davidson 84), Scott Barbourycard.

Subs: Ryan Christie, Steven Davidson, Cameron buchan, John Chalmers, Steven Main, P A Bruce, Joe Barbour.

  Wick Academy F.C.

 2 (Grant Campbell 4, Davie Allan 52) 

wickacademy_nike_awayTeam: Sean McCarthyrcard, Grant Campbell, Ross Allan(Gary Manson 75), Alan Farquhar, Grant Steven, Stevie Cunninghamycard, James Pickles, Sam Mackay(James More 83), Steven Andersonycard, Davie Allan, Gary Weirycard(Richard Macadie 70).

Subs: Gary Manson, Jack Halliday, Richard Macadie, Alan Hughes, Lukasz Geruzel, James More.     

 Referee:  Thomas Shaw
 Bookings:  Marc Cowie 27
 Scott Barbour 30
 Gary Weir 46
 Sean McCarthy 75, 82 - Red
 PA Bruce 82
 Stevie Cunningham 82
 Steven Anderson 82
 Reporter:  Willie Wydmuch

Academy travelled to Fraserburgh and came very close to taking all three points back up the A9, but a controversial penalty six minutes from full-time saw the teams share the points.

Academy got off to a great start going a goal up within the first 5 minutes. Sam Mackay showed a great touch to control the ball and he teed up Grant Campbell who cracked a low shot home past the out-stretched Broch keeper Scott Cowe.

0 - 1

Willie West restored parity 10 minutes before the half-time interval when Scott Barbour set him up and West curled the ball passed Sean McCarthy.

1 - 1

Half Time - Fraserburgh 1 - Wick Academy 1

Within a minute of the re-start Academy had a good claim for a penalty turned down by referee Thomas Shaw when it looked as if Gary Weir had been hacked down in the box by Bryan Hay. Weir got booked for simulation which means that he now has a suspension coming up which he will need to serve.

On 52 minutes Academy got their noses n front. Davie Allan's pace got him in on goal. Scott Cowie blocked his first shot but Allan reacted quickly and snaffled up the rebound making no mistake in hammering home from 6 yards out.

1 - 2

The main talking point of the game was soon to follow. Fraserburgh front-man Scott Barbour latched onto a good pass and drove into the box. McCarthy was sharp in coming to meet him and dived at Barbour's feet and looked to get a good hand on the ball before Barbour tumbled over him. Referee Shaw awarded a penalty kick and McCarthy who had been booked earlier for time wasting was given a second booking and an early bath. Sam Mackay made way for James More to replace McCarthy but More couldn't stop Marc Dixon's powerful penalty kick.

2 - 2

Fraserburgh couldn't make the man advantage count and the teams shared the points.

Full Time - Fraserburgh 2 - Wick Academy 2