HL & SC Roundup - 30th Nov 2013

Highland League and Scottish Cup round-up
Saturday November 30th
  Buckie take the spoils despite an early Academy Goal

Buckie Thistle 2 - Wick Academy 1
Wick Academy opened the scoring in the 1st minute away to Buckie when Richard Macadie squared for Ross Allan to tap home. Buckie equalised just before half-time when Aaron Conway ghosted in at the back post to head the ball home. Buckie scored the winner in the 76th minute, a Conway corner found Graeme Stewart who drilled a low shot past the keeper.

Huntly 1 - Cove Rangers 3
Cove took the lead against Huntly just four minutes after the interval when Ryan Stott lifted the ball over the keeper. Huntly got back on level terms in the 72nd minute when Craig Dorrat headed home from point blank range. Stott added his second from the penalty spot after a handball in the box. Connor Scully fired the final goal for the away side with seven minutes to go to give Cove a 3-1 win.

Clachnacuddin 1 - Brora Rangers 5
Brora opened the scoring in the 21st minute away to Clach when Zander Sutherland netted from an acute angle. Gordon Morrison equalised for the home side with a low free-kick just after the hour. Martin Maclean put Brora back in front before Gavin Morrison added a third. Steven Mackay added a late double to complete the scoring.

Deveronvale 5 - Keith 2
Deveronvale had to come from behind to defeat Keith in Banff, Callum Dingwall gave Keith the lead in the 25th minute but the Vale levelled four minutes before half-time thanks to Graeme Rodger. The same player put Vale in front before Colin Charlesworth and Craig Cowie made the points safe. Keith did manage a second goal thanks to Andy Anderson but Rodger completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot.

Rothes 2 - Forres Mechanics 7
Scott Lawrie gave Forres an early lead away to Rothes before Michael Dunn and Lee Fraser traded goals in the 12th minute. Fraser added his second just before half-time. Ross Macpherson scored with a drilled home the fourth from 16 yards before Craig McGovern added a fifth. Paul Smith added number 6 before Ryan Mackintosh completed the scoring for Forres. Rothes added a late second thanks a goal from a trialist.

Turriff United 5 - Fort William 0
Turriff went nap at home to Fort William. Mike McKenzie set up Gary McGowan to net in the third minute. Robbie Alan added a second in the 31st minute before Stuart Cumming headed a third just before half-time. Just after the interval Christopher Herd netted before Gary Harris completed the scoring with number 5 curling the ball home.

Inverurie Locos 3 - Strathspey Thistle 1
Strathspey Thistle took the lead away to Inverurie in the 31st minute when young Josh Peters rounded the keeper to net. Three minutes after half-time Dean Donaldson headed the home side back on level terms. Keiran Adams headed a second for Inverurie before Neil Gauld completed the scoring late on scoring at the second attempt.

Formartine United 4 - Lossiemouth 2
Callum Bagshaw gave Formartine the lead at home to Lossiemouth in the 8th minute but Scott Miller equalised midway through the first half. Cammy Keith gave the home side the lead in 33rd minute before a quick fire double in the second half for the home side from Keith and Bagshaw made sure of the points. Jordan main added a late consolation for the coasters.

Scottish Cup 4th Round

Stenhousemuir 3 - Fraserburgh 0
Fraserburgh were away to Stenhousemuir in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup and were unfortunate not to be winning at half-time, the home side opened the scoring through Ross McNeil before late goals goal killed off the Broch, McNeil added the second before Errol Douglas fired home the winner.