Buckie Thistle 2 - WAFC 1

 30th November 2013 - Scottish Highland Football League  Victoria Park
 Buckie Thistle F.C.

  2 (Aaron Conway 41, Graeme Stewart 75)    

BuckieTeam: Kevin Main, Shaun Wood, Robbie Duncanycard, Chris Hegartyycard, Lewis MacKinnon, Iain MacRae, Aaron Conwayycard(Neil Davidson 87), Graeme Stewartycard, Craig MacMillan(Fraser Forbes 86), Stuart Hodge(Nikki Smith 72), Chris Angus. 

Subs: Shaun Carrol, Fraser Forbes, Neil Davidson, Nikki Smith, Daniel Bell.

  Wick Academy F.C.

 1 (Ross Allan 1)    

WAFC Strip CommTeam: Michael Gray, Michael Steven, Gary Manson, Alan Farquhar, Grant Steven, Craig Shearerycard, Sam Mackayycard, Stevie Cunningham, Lukasz Geruzel, Richard Macadie(Gary Weir 68), Ross Allan(James Murray 77).

Subs: Gary Weir, Shaun Sinclair, Davie Allan, Jame Murray, Barry Wilson.


 Referee:   Thomas Shaw
 Reporter:   Luke Bunch
 Bookings:   Robbie Duncan 33
  Graeme Stewart 33
  Craig Shearer 62
  Aaron Conway 66
  Chris Hegarty 82
  Sam Mackay 82

Disappointment for Academy today losing 2-1 away to Buckie. The Scorries had several players missing; Bryan McKiddie, Alex Lamb, James More, James Pickles, and John Pickles. Davie Allan and Gary Weir were both carrying injuries but Weir did managing a 20 minute run-out. Buckie had the experienced Donnie Munro out of action.

Ross Allan scored in the first minute but Academy couldn't convert other great chances into further goals.

Academy got off to the best possible start playing into a fairly strong wind, going a goal up within the first minute.  Michael Steven played the ball up the right to Lukasz Geruzel. He took it down with great control and flicked the ball forward to Richard Macadie to run onto into the box and he squared for Ross Allan for a tap-in.

0 - 1

The early period of the game is all Academy and they create several more excellent chances. Sam Mackay crossed from the right and it fell to Geruzel in the box but keeper Kevin Main turned it for a corner. From the corner Craig Shearer got a shot on target that Main again turned around the post. This time Michael Steven got his head to the corner-ball and Main caught it at the second attempt.

10 minutes in and the Scorries created another chance. They won a corner on the left which Macadie took short to Mackay. He played it back to Macadie and found Manson at the edge of the box. His shot was charged down and fell to Mackay who got a shot on target that Main got down well to for a one-handed block.

5 minutes later Academy are again on the attack. Macadie battled for the ball on the edge of the box, won it but fired just over the cross-bar.

Geruzel conceded a free kick on the Academy right touch-line. Conway fired in the free kick and Lewis MacKinnon headed over the cross-bar.

Conway was looking lively for the home side. He played a one-two with Chris Angus before getting off a shot that Gray got down well to save.

Academy created another chance from a short corner. Ross Allan played it to Mackay, who gave it back to Allan and he delivered a good cross into the Buckie box for Geruzel but his header flashed just past the outside of the post.

5 minutes from half-time Buckie were awarded a free-kick 30 yards from goal. Conway took it but sent his attempt wide of target.

A minute later the home side squared the scores. Shaun Wood crossed from the right flank to the back post where Conway ghosted in and headed home.

1 - 1

Half Time - Buckie Thistle 1 - Wick Academy 1

The first chance of the second half fell to Buckie after 6 minutes. They broke up-field from an Academy corner. Conway played the ball over the top for Chris Angus who ran in on goal. Gray came to meet him narrowing the angle and Angus dragged his shot across the face of goal and wide of the target.

10 minutes later Buckie had another chance. Duncan swung in a free kick that Angus got his head to but he sent it over the cross-bar.

Academy went straight up-field. Ross Allan picked up the ball and drover forward and fired a 35 yard shot just over the Buckie cross-bar.

Barry Wilson makes a change on 68 minutes with Gary Weir coming on for Richard Macadie and Weir almost scored with his first touch of the ball.  Cunningham played the ball to Mackay and he delivered it to the edge of the Buckie box where Weir took it down and got a shot off that went just wide of Main's left hand post.

15 minutes left to play and Buckie took the lead. A corner from the right found Stewart on the edge of the box. He took the ball down and drove a left foot shot low through a crowded penalty area and into the back of the net.

2 - 1

Academy couldn't find another goal and the game ended with a win for the hosts leaving us still in 3rd spot in the table but the chasing pack are closing in.

Full Time - Buckie Thistle 2 - Wick Academy 1