HL Roundup - 23rd Nov 2013

Highland League round-up
Saturday November 23rd
Academy and Locos battle out an entertaining draw

Wick Academy 2 - Inverurie Locos 2
Wick Academy and Inverurie shared the spoils at Harmsworth Park. Sam Mackay gave the home side the lead with a driven effort into the top corner. Locos captain Neil McLean equalised with a 25 yard effort. Ross Allan bundled the ball home just before half-time to give the Scorries the lead again, but McLean added his and his sides second with another 25 yard effort to complete the scoring.

Cove Rangers 3 - Formartine United 1
In the battle of last year's top two it was Cove who came out on top. Jamie Lennox gave Cove the lead in the 4th minute. Formartine got back on level terms when Ross Campbell was first to a rebound to net. Eric Watson put the home side back in front before Connor Scully completed the scoring.

Brora Rangers 4 - Huntly 2
Brora came from behind to beat Huntly at home. David Booth opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the 35th minute before adding a quick fire second. Dale Gillespie pulled on back for Brora before half-time and Zander Sutherland levelled the scores in the 56th minute with a penalty. Martin Maclean put Brora in front for the first time with a lob from 18 yards before Steven Mackay added a fourth in stoppage time.

Lossiemouth 3 - Rothes 1
Lossiemouth opened the scoring in the 13th minute against Rothes when Ryan Farquhar rounded the keeper to net. Jamie McKinnon added a second after a goalmouth scramble before Callum Dunbar added a third. Rothes got a consolation from the penalty spot when Michael Dunn blasted home.

Fort William 0 - Deveronvale 3
Colin Charlesworth gave Deveronvale the lead just before half-time away to Fort William. Graeme Rodgers added a second in the 50th minute before Craig Cowie completed the scoring with a with 12 yard shot past the keeper with 13 minutes remaining.

Fraserburgh 3 - Clachnacuddin 0
Fraserburgh took the lead after 32 minutes against Clach when Peter Bruce netted from a Mark Cowie knock-down. Bruce netted his second in the 39th minute netting from Scott Barbour's cross. Just after the hour mark Barbour completed the scoring with a header off the post.

Keith 4 - Strathspey Thistle 2
Keith had to come from behind to beat Strathspey. The jags opened the scoring in the 6th minute thanks to Andrew Howard. Keith were level two minutes later when Callum Dingwall netted from the corner of the box. Craig McAskill put Keith in front with a rocket from 18 yards before Jon smith headed home the third. Smith added his second in the 72nd minute before Howard grabbed his second for Strathspey in the 76th minute.

Forres Mechanics 2 - Turriff United 3
Turriff played for 85 minutes with only 10 men against Forres when Cammy Bowden was sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity. This did not deter the away side though and two quick goals from Aaron McKenna and Darren Mackie had them in the driving seat. Craig McGovern pulled one back for Forres with a free-kick but Gary McGowan restored the two goal advantage before Stuart Soane pulled completed the scoring with a header.

Buckie Thistle 1 - Nairn County 3
Nairn had to rely on late goals again to win against Buckie. The home side took the lead when Craig Macmillan netted a rebound. Former Buckie captain Michael Morrison equalised with a header from a Conor Gethins free-kick. Stuart Leslie gave Nairn the lead before Gethins completed the scoring.