Forres U17's 2 - WAFC U17's 9

Forres v Wick

Wick travelled down to Forres on Sunday the 19/09/10 to play what is always a tough fixture for them.

Academy started the game at a brisk pace, playing the game at their tempo, this caused the Forres team all sorts of problems as they worked very hard to stop Academy getting any space. The first period can only be described as Academy's best performance to date.

Academy went 1-0 up that's to an inch perfect pass by Marc Coghill finding Kerr Mackay on the left, Kerr cut inside and hammered home a shot that flew into the keeper bottom left hand corner. The second goal followed soon after when Alan Hughes scored from a tight angle after doing some fine work to create space.

Academy were now in full control playing some great football, they could not add to their tally but did hit the woodwork 3 times as well as bring some outstanding saves form the Forres keeper.

First period 2-0

The second period Academy started a bit slower playing at a tempo that allowed Forres to get back into the game which they did when their number 10 hit a 25 yarder that flew into the net 2-1. Academy's response was to go straight up the park after a fine passing move Jack Halliday scored from close in 3-1. The 4th well could only be described as a bit of a fluke when a cross by James Mackay found its way into the net 4-1. Forres then made it 4-2 when some confusion in defence allowed the number 10 to score a great goal as he beat 3 players and rounded the keeper to score. Goal of the period was scored by Marc Coghill who had a very good game in the middle of the park, after some fine set up play by Ryan Begg hammered home a shot from close range 5-2

Second period 5-2

The last period Academy got back to playing a tempo that made it difficult for Forres to compete. Academy went on to score 4 more goals the pick of them a free kick from the edge of the box after Ryan Begg was fouled 6-2. The last 3 goals were scored by Alan Steven who came on for Alan Hughes, a very impressive finishes 9-2

Man of the match was Ryan Begg who was unplayable at times.