Wick Academy Football club Official web Site - WAFC - Harmsworth park - WAFC 4 - Huntly 4

Adverts - Click Below
Wednesday, 25 April 2018
Home arrow News Items\Reports arrow 2016\17 Archived Results & Match Reports arrow WAFC 4 - Huntly 4
WAFC 4 - Huntly 4 Print E-mail
Written by John Briskham   
Saturday, 27 August 2016
 27th August 2016 - Scottish Highland Football League
   Harmsworth Park, Wick
 Wick Academy F.C.

  4 (Marc MacGregor 31, Michael Steven 73, Richard Macadie 76, Steven Anderson 92)

WAFC_New_Front_wTeam: Sean McCarthy, Michael Stevenycard, Grant Steven(Danny Mackay 39), Alan Farquhar, Ross Allan(Andrew Mackay 46), James Pickles, Gary Mansonrcard, Davie Allan, Richard Macadie, Steven Anderson, Marc MacGregor(James McLean 70). 

Subs: Colin Macrae, Andrew Mackay, Michael Petrie, Danny Mackay, James McLean, Gary Weir, Asa Sinlair.   

  Huntly F.C.   4 (Dennis Wyness 12, 19, Sean Webb 44, Elliot Duff 94)

huntly_astinaTeam: Andrew Pennycook, Sean Webb, Cory Ritchieycard(Adam Naismith 56), Neale Allan, Lewis Ingram, Sean Crollrcard, Ian Cruickshank(Alexander Thoirs 26ycard), Dennis Wyness, Paul Napier, Jordan Morrice(Elliot Duff 66), Matthew McDonald. 

Subs: Alexander Thoirs, Elliot Duff, Stuart Hodge, Adam Naismith, Joe Burr, Martin Macdonald.  

 Referee:   Graham Fraser
 Bookings:   Cory Ritchie 8
  Michael Steven 34
  Sean Croll 50, 89 - Red
  Alexander Thoirs 72
  Gary Manson 84 - Red
 Sponsors Man of the Match:   Richard Macadie
 Match Photos - Mel & Bob Roger:   Link to match photos

Well this game had it all, and then some! Eight goals, two missed penalties, two red cards and an action filled second half that was a roller-coaster!

Two goals from Dennis Wyness had the visitors two up after 19 minutes before Marc MacGregor pulled one back. A free header from a corner got Sean Webb onto the score card to put Huntly in at the break two goals to the good.

Two goals in three second half minutes from Michael Steven and Richard Macadie had Academy level before a great run and strike from Steven Anderson deep into injury time had the Harmsworth Park faithful on their feet as it looked to be a sure-fire winner. Huntly however went back up the field and with the last kick of the match their new summer signing Elliot Duff kept his cool in the box to finish the game in style and ensure the points were shared.

Academy started the game sharply and with only three minutes played had a very strong case for a penalty kick. Steven Anderson broke into the box and keeper Andrew Pennycook looked to take all of the man and none of the ball, but referee Graham Fraser waved play on.

Pennycook was in action again minutes later palming away a shot from Anderson that looked goal-bound.

Pickles was the next to have a crack and again Pennycook was on hand to make the save and gather the ball at the second attempt.

Huntly opened the scoring on 12 minutes. A long kick-out bounced over the top of Grant Steven allowing veteran striker Dennis Wyness to nip in and he made no mistake in finding the net.

0 - 1

Pickles set up Anderson in Academy's next attack but Anderson's curling shot flew just passed the outside of the post.

On 19 minutes Wyness again found the net. Academy tried to play the ball out of defence but a slack pass from Alan Farquhar allowed Wyness in on goal. His first attempt was blocked and the ball spun up in the air, but he hammered home at the second attempt.

0 - 2

Just passed the half hour Academy pulled a goal back. Keeper Pennycook got down well to his right to get a hand to an Anderson shot but he could only palm it into the path of the on-rushing Marc MacGregor who finished from close range.

1 - 2

Grant Steven looked to be struggling with a reoccurring hamstring injury and he had to be replaced by Danny Mackay with 5 minutes of the first half left.

A minute before the break Sean McCarthy went air-born and tipped a strike from Jordan Morrice over his crossbar. From the resulting corner Sean Webb had a free header and he duly nodded home.

1 - 3

Half Time - Wick Academy 1 - Huntly 3

Manager Connelly made a change at the start of the second half. Andrew Mackay came on for Ross Allan and Academy went to three at the back.

Three minutes after the re-start Academy won a penalty. Richard Macadie hammered it down the middle. Keeper Pennycook looked to have set off to his left but somehow managed to stick out a foot and made the save.

Keeper Pennycook was earning his corn and he was again in the action this time saving a pile-driver from Gary Manson.

Academy were throwing everything at the Huntly defence. Anderson had a shot that rattled off the crossbar and looked to have won a penalty when he was taken down but referee Fraser adjudged the first contact to have been made just outside the box. From the free kick Michael Steven found the net for his second goal of the season, game on!

2 - 3

Academy's equaliser three minutes later was a thing of beauty. From all of 35 yards Richard Macadie peeled the ball off his lacers and not even the giant keeper Pennycook could get anywhere near it as it almost burst the net, an early contender for goal of the season.

3 - 3

Huntly broke up-field and won a corner. That was swung in and after ping-pong in the box a Huntly player got a strike on it. Gary Manson was standing on the line near the left hand post. His hands were tight by his side but he looked to move his body towards the ball and it struck him high up on the arm\shoulder preventing a certain goal. Referee Fraser flashed the red card and Huntly had a penalty. Wyness stepped up to take it but dragged his effort wide of McCarthy's right hand post.

A minute from the final whistle Huntly went down to 10 men when Sean Croll picked up his second booking of the match.

Two minutes into injury time Anderson went on a surging run through the middle of the Huntly defence, before finding a yard and he rifled home a screamer that beat Pennycook down low to his right. The Harmsworth roar must have been heard half way across the town!

4 - 3

With the last kick of the ball however Huntly earned a point. The ball was played up the Huntly right to substitute Elliot Duff. Andrew Mackay ran over to try to stop him just inside the box but Elliot left him on the floor and curled a great strike passed the outstretched hand of McCarthy into the right hand corner of the net.

4 - 4

With no more time left on the watch referee Fraser blew for full time with both sets of fans in need of a lie-down!

Full Time - Wick Academy 4 - Huntly 4

Last Updated ( Saturday, 12 August 2017 )
< Previous   Next >

Pld Pts
9. Huntly 34 49
10. Deveronvale 33 48
11. Wick Academy 33 46
12. Rothes 33 46
13. Clachnacuddin 34 41
Main Menu
News Items\Reports
SHFL Roundups
Table & Fixtures
Club History
Cup Details
Squad Details
Player Stats
News Blog
Photo Gallery
Scorrie Scoop Details
Scoop Winners
Premier Club Details
Premier Club Winners
WAFC Amazon Store
Sponsorship Packages
Match\Ball Sponsorship
Sports Science
WEB Links
Contact Us
FAQ & Help
Guest Book
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Youth Football
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Scorrie Scoop
User Stats
338 registered
0 today
0 this week
0 this month
Members: 340
News: 2169
WebLinks: 108
Visitors: 11351676
Content WAFC 2010 - Built, Configured & Art Work by John Briskham, Wick Academy Football Club.